Thursday, April 19, 2012

Michigan!


Okay, so I’m not very good at keeping up with this whole blog thing.... But, are you really all that surprised with me?  I have this tendency to come up with these great ideas to improve my life, swear that I will stick to them, and then get sick of it after about a week (like the 2-3 times a year where I swear I’ll start eating healthy/not so much fried crap).  But, better too little than none at all, right?

Anyway, a pretty awesome part of my job is the ease it gives me to fly all over the country at will.  I guess I sometimes take for granted that most fresh out of college graduates can’t just hop a plane to a new city for the weekend.  So, last weekend I took a trip back to Michigan, which (while pretty busy) was every bit as great as I remembered it.

 I got in Thursday night, and the greatness started right away by being greeted at the airport with a ride and a hug from a friend - way better than a trip to the rental car counter :)  Within an hour and a half of the wheels hitting the ground, found myself at Ashley’s with a beer in hand, and a few of my favorite Theta Taus.  The only thing that could make the night better was the fact that one of the waiters remembered me from a year ago and gave me some extra signatures on my card (I’m up to 66 if anyone is keeping score at home).

Friday, I got to enjoy the general greatness of Ann Arbor by wandering around campus, enjoying the beautiful Michigan spring, munching on Blimpie Burger and swinging by Kilwin’s for coffee truffles.  In the evening, I got to see everyone from Theta Tau and meet my new grandlittles! I love getting back at times and really seeing how the chapter has grown and catching up on everyone’s lives.

Saturday morning I grabbed a rental car first thing to go visit Cory for the day.  We had a great time shopping (yay for finding bridesmaid shoes!), but more importantly, catching up.  Time and time again I’m reminded with her that even though our lives are miles apart, some things just never change :) Finally, Saturday night I headed home to see my family and celebrate mom’s birthday with the family – a perfect end to the weekend.

As hectic as my life can be sometimes, there are moments where I have to take a step back and realize how great it is.  I really am fortunate that I can travel home so frequently and that I’m able to fit all that greatness and so many loved ones into just one weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment